Tuesday, July 16, 2013

8 Week Pregnancy Survey

I am going to try and be better about documenting this pregnancy than I was with John Thomas, so that being said, here is my first pregnancy survey! 


(blog post written 05.28.13)

How Far Along: 8 weeks

Size of baby: A Raspberry! (
Average size: .63 inches, .04 oz.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss:
Zero! (Over the past two months before I knew I was pregnant I slowed down running, combined with stopping nursing I had gained between 5-7 pounds, but I will be documenting from my first prenatal appointment at 7 weeks)

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but any pants without stretch and shirts that are fitted definitely show  the bump that has shown up much, much earlier this time around!  At one point before we knew how far along we were, we joked that I may be 3 or 4 months and could be on "I didn't know I was Pregnant!" Thankfully, that was not the case and my body is just sliding right back into stretchy mode!

Gender: Don't know yet, but Kris and I both refer to the baby as "he"

Movement: Nothing yet, I cannot wait to feel him or her move around, it was one of my favorite things being pregnant with John Thomas.

What I miss: Being able to run long distances and at a fast pace without feeling like a hippo is sitting on my lungs, sleeping through the night without having to go pee!

Sleep: Not bad.  I am having crazy vivid dreams every night and get up once each night to pee.

Symptoms: None other than feeling super tired and getting winded easily, the past week I seem to have more energy, so I am hoping that maybe we are over the fatigue stage.

Cravings: Anything and everything sweet.  I have been craving birthday cake and cupcakes like crazy!  I refuse to keep anything sweet in the house because I know my will power to resist temptation is at a zero!

Best Moment this week: Spending the whole weekend with Kris and John Thomas!  We were able to work in our yard, have dinner out with friends and BBQ with friends for Memorial Day.  Perfect weekend!

What we are looking forward to: Telling our family and friends about baby number 2! We are trying to make sure everything is okay before we share, but with my growing belly it is going to be tough to hide!


Belly at 8 weeks! 

We are so thankful for a very easy pregnancy so far!  I pray I have as smooth a pregnancy as I had with John Thomas!

1 comment: