Wednesday, July 17, 2013

12 Week Pregnancy Survey




(blog post written 06.24.13)

How Far Along: 12 weeks

Size of baby: A Plum! (
Average size:  2.1 inches, .49 oz.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 4 lbs
!

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I definitely need to go shopping for some summer maternity clothes.  With John Thomas I didn't really wear any until the fall, so none of my old ones are season appropriate!

Gender: Should find out in early August! Still referring to the baby as "he" most of the time

Movement: I can see movement from the outside, but haven't felt anything on the inside, but I cannot wait until the day I get to feel this little blessing make his/her presence known!

What I miss: Being able to wear normal clothes, I feel like all I wear are baggy belly hiding shirts! :) I am still not able to run long distances and my pace has slowed, but I am keeping up with around 15 miles per week, which is good for me!  I definitely miss having an adult beverage, but haven't really been able to have very many since I was pregnant with John Thomas, so it isn't a huge sacrifice :)


Sleep: Still not bad, I wake up often, but most nights I sleep well.  Kris has said I am making it harder for him to sleep because my knees find their way into his back, I think he's crazy!

Symptoms: Still getting winded pretty easily, and I have started having headaches and a little indigestion, both of which I remember having with John Thomas. Otherwise, feeling good most of the time.

Cravings: Nothing major in the past few weeks, all food tastes good!

Best Moment this week: Hearing our baby's heartbeat at our 12 week checkup, it took her a while to find it and I was starting to get very uneasy, but she finally found it and it made me just as happy as it did the first time I was pregnant.  There is no better sound!  It was 160 (John Thomas' was 172 at 12 weeks)

What we are looking forward to: Telling our family and friends!  We still haven't shared, but I suspect some are getting curious!  I feel so guilty not sharing the whole truth but it is important that we tell our families in person, and that sometimes is a challenge when half of them are 1,000 miles away!



Belly at 12 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I can't believe you've been hiding that belly! Love it! We're on to you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to refer to her as "baby girl". I'm holding out hope still!

    ReplyDelete