Friday, July 26, 2013

16 Week Pregnancy Survey

16 Week Pregnancy Survey

How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: An avocado! (
Average size:  4.6 inches, 3.5 oz.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 4 lbs this month
! (8 total)

Maternity Clothes: Yes, mostly maternity pants, I can still fit into some larger shirts, but they are getting tight.  No hiding the belly!

Gender: We find out at our August 13 appointment!  I spent a lot of time trying to convince Kris not to find out, but I was not successful! My prediction is baby boy, something inside just tells me I was meant to be a boy momma, which I am great with!  Although any baby that is healthy will make this momma a happy lady!

Movement: "He" moves all the time!  My tummy will go crazy most days, but I still haven't felt anything on the inside.  Maybe if I slowed down and focused, but he defnitely let's us know he is there.  The doctor was surprised I haven't felt anything because she could tell when finding his heart rate.  He is feisty and kicked it off as soon as she put it on my tummy.  She said we are going to have an active one :) we must not be able to have clam children! 


What I miss: Nothing really new that I miss.  Still wish I was able to run without having to walk, but I know that will come again! I miss caffeine, I try not to drink it most days, but decaf is just not the same!


Sleep: Not bad, although my hormones are making me become a sauna.  I wake up so hot every single night!

Symptoms: My back has started giving out, much like it did from 6 months on with John Thomas.  It is only for short periods of time normally but causes me to not be able to stand from laying or sitting.  After talking to the doctor she said most likely it is my SI joint and some women have SI dysfunction while pregnant from the moving and loosening of joints.  The only thing I can do is see a chiropractor, which I have never done!  If it continues, I may look into it.  For now, I will consider myself blessed that is the only symptom!

Cravings: Everything tastes great.  I had sushi (cooked) a couple of times this month and that seemed to really hit the spot!

Best Moment this week (month): Finally telling our friends and families!  Everyone was very excited and couldn't believe we had been able to keep it for that long.  Also hearing the heartbeat at my appointment.  My mom was in town and was able to go with me, so that was really special.  Being so far away she didn't get to go to any of my last appointments and I loved having her with me.  It was 140 (John Thomas' was 147 at 16 weeks)


What we are looking forward to: Finding out the sex!



Belly at 16 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment