Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

My Mother's Day weekend was nothing short of wonderful! Kris went out of his way to make the weekend just as I would have it!  It was low key, start to finish, my favorite!  He knows that big gifts and fancy things aren't my thing, not that I don't appreciate them, but my love language is quality time and acts of service! 

We started out by him taking me to lunch on Friday, which is a real treat, working from home I seldom eat lunch anywhere other than my desk or the few days he comes home to eat with me, at the kitchen table. We went to Bin 303, one of our favorite restaurants in Rockwall.  If you haven't tried it, we highly recommend it! We have never been disappointed!

Saturday morning he got up and fixed me an amazing breakfast and completely took care of John Thomas!  After breakfast, he gave me the first part of my gift.  I received three sealed envelopes each enclosed with "coupons" one envelope had house cleaning coupons, one had sleep coupons and the final one had no cook coupons!  It was the perfect gift!!  He had written a sweet note on each one and it meant the world to me!



We spent the rest of the day lounging around and running errands, just the three of us, it was wonderful!  Instead of going out to dinner we decided to order take out from Olive Garden and turn in early!

Sunday morning while I was feeding John Thomas, again, Kris cooked a complete breakfast and got "set up" for my first Mother's Day. I walked down the stairs to breakfast and the cutest face was waiting on me!



I had two of the sweetest cards, along with a spa gift certificate and pearl earrings.  I couldn't have asked for more! 

John Thomas spent some time signing my card!


We then hurried to get ready and head to church together.  After church, we went to Ken and Mandy's to have lunch. Following lunch we decided to get a picture of the four babies together.  To say it was a challenge is an understatement.  There were lots of laughs, a few tears, several love taps to the face and a trip is never complete without an eye poke!




We ended the day with some time outside enjoying the beautiful weather and playing corn hole!  John Thomas had to borrow Kennedy's shades because it was so bright!


We also reached a big milestone - John Thomas took his first whirl in the walker!  It was a sad moment for me, I never imagined he would be able to sit up in a walker and his little tippy toes scoot himself across the concrete at 3 months!!


All that action was exhausting, so he had to take a power nap! Thank you Abe and Ben, for letting us borrow your walker for the afternoon!

Mother's Day 2012
Two of the biggest blessings in my life!

Thank you Lord, for allowing me to be Kris' wife and John Thomas' Mommy!  There is no greater gift in the world than being a wife and mom and I am so glad He chose me for the two of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment