Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to Work....

I have been back at work one week as of today! I am very fortunate to work for a company where I have the opportunity to work from home! I work with a great group of ladies that are encouraging and check on me daily to make sure everything is going okay with the transition. 

It has been hard, maybe harder than I expected.  However, we hired a wonderful nanny that will come to the house to keep John Thomas three days a week! Her name is Sara, and we are very happy with her so far!  We interviewed a couple of different people for the position and prayed that we would find the right one for us and that we would be the right family for them.  God provides!  As soon as Sara left our house that Saturday morning, Kris and I immediately knew she was the one and began praying that she liked us as much as we liked her!

This week, I have had John Thomas two days without help and he has been a very good boy!  For the most part, he lets me work without entertaining him as long as I make sure to acknowledge him frequently with a big smile and a few words!  It may seem silly to talk to him like he can talk back, but we discuss lots of random things during the day!  From what I am making for dinner to choosing accessories!  Yesterday, apparently he thought Mommy was pretty boring!  I am sticking with the conclusion it wasn't me, just that he isn't all that interested in model home design :)


Thank you to everyone who has prayed for the transition to go smoothly!  Although I would rather be a stay at home Mommy, and part time designer, right now the Lord has different plans and I am thankful that he has sent us the support we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment