Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Easter Weekend

We had a busy Easter weekend! My sister, her boyfriend, and my cousin, Alek came into town for their Easter breaks from school and were such a huge help with everything from John Thomas to helping me in the yard :)

Our weekend started with them arriving on Friday afternoon and we went non-stop the remainder of the weekend!

On Saturday we all enjoyed the beautiful weather with a pizza lunch and Easter Egg hunt at Ken and Mandy's house. 

Koen and Reagan dying Easter Eggs

A few of the finished products!

John Thomas and Aunt Allie


The boys enjoyed bubbles

Ben enjoyed some grass :)



 We were a little over prepared for our Easter Egg hunt.  With only two kiddos that could actually "hunt" eggs, I think we hid almost 100 eggs!  Needless to say, Reagan and Koen had a lot of fun hunting all those eggs with little competition!

Serious Egg Hunters

John Thomas joined the hunt for a short while!


Later that afternoon Kris and Koen went to the Rangers game for opening weekend.  They left in such a hurry I didn't get a picture!  At one point during the game Kris text me a list of everything that Koen had eaten, it was A LOT!  We joked that if John Thomas eats like his brother, we will both need second jobs!

On Sunday, we all got up to go to our Easter service at church.  It is always one of my favorite services because of the emotion and meaning it has.  I hope to always teach our children that although egg hunts, gifts and bunnies are fun, the true gift is the sacrifice made on the cross!

John Thomas' first Easter picture!  Yes, he is melting down, it was time for him to eat, but my two bigger boys couldn't wait to get changed!
Justin and Allie
My handsome cousin, Alek!  Hard to believe he is a Senior!  Seems like not too long ago he was John Thomas' size!



I hope you all had a great Easter, as well!  I'll leave you with a few photos of our cutie's First Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment