Monday, May 19, 2014

Chi Town for a Mama's Night Out!

A few months back, Patrick, my best friend's husband text to tell us he was planning a surprise getaway for her thirtieth birthday.  Not thinking at all I could make this happen, with a newborn baby and two year old, my wonderful hubby encouraged me to go and leave the kids with him for the weekend.  I admit, I was REALLY nervous, not about leaving them with him, but because Ruby has not been a fan of the bottle.  After some thought, I decided to go and surprise her, and I am so glad I did!  
I took the first flight out on Friday morning and the late flight out Saturday night, but we packed as much as possible into my short 36 hour stay! 
We celebrated with champagne at the hotel before heading out to conquer the magnificent mile for some shopping and lunch!

 After a full day of shopping we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner at RPM Italian.  Oh my goodness, the food was phenomenal!  Patrick had a preset menu so we could eat "family style" and try a wider range of their dishes, it was the best idea and I loved everything!
 The birthday girl and I - I miss her MORE than words!
 For dessert we had the cutest little individual gelato cones in several different flavors!
We had a wonderful time celebrating Heather, and I was reminded how out of tune I am with staying out late! 
The second day, I was up early and enjoyed some coffee and quiet time while I waited on everyone to get up, my family back home included! After face timing with them, Heather came to my room and we got ready for the day, just like our college days!
We headed out to find some traditional Chicago style pizza, which they warned us would take a minimum of an hour - but it was worth the wait!



 After lunch we did some more shopping and finished the day at Navy Pier, the weather was perfect and we had amazing views of the water!
Everyone else headed to the hotel to get ready for dinner, and I packed the rest of my things and took a cab to the airport.  I was sad my time with Heather had ended, but super excited to get back to these loves, who had a great Daddy weekend!



1 comment:

  1. I love you dear friend!!
    I was totally shocked & super grateful that you were able to make it!
    Thank you for making my birthday so amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete