Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Ranger's Game

Last Friday night we went to the Ranger's game to celebrate a friend's 30th Birthday.  I was very excited, as I had not been to a game since I was pregnant with John Thomas!  There is something about watching baseball live that makes me feel like a kid again.  I love the excitement of the ballpark, the food, and overall atmosphere.

We headed out early on Friday and picked up Koen from a school trip at Six Flags, I was convinced he would be way too tired to enjoy the game, but I clearly underestimated him! 

We were there super early, so we took some pictures in the car.  I sure do love these two boys!
 Koen thought these huge baseballs were cool.
 He wanted his picture taken with the Nolan Ryan statue, too!
 Since we were there so early, we were able to watch batting practice for a bit.  I sat back and watched with amazement as all these little (and some not so little) guys lined the wall and waited with sheer anticipation that they would walk away with a home run ball.  They couldn't have been happier even knowing that they may walk away empty handed.  I sure do love being a boy mama!
 The view from our seats:
 The great part about going to a game on a Friday night is that the Rangers always have a fireworks show after the game.  The pictures definitely do not do it justice!  It was one of the best fireworks shows I have ever seen! 

Hopefully this won't be the last game we are able to go to this season! I forget how much I enjoy them until I am there again and, as a bonus, coming from a sports fanatic family it is an event we can all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment