Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I had a wonderful Mother's Day last weekend spent with little family.  We spent most of the weekend just being together taking care of little projects at home and enjoying uninterrupted time! 

I woke up to the happiest, sweetest smiling face!

Here is the one who made me Mama, and I before church:

After church we went and bought some flowers and tried to have lunch out.  Unfortunately, my littlest date had other plans and we had to get our first unplanned "to-go" meal!  After his nap he "helped" me with some of the plants we bought.  

 Yes, he took them out of the pots and ate the dirt.  Such a boy! After his nap, we had snacks outside and played until almost dark!
 He ate the entire package of blueberries, at one sitting.  This kid can eat!
 Kris, as always, was wonderful and took care of me all weekend.  He couldn't wait until Mother's Day to give me my gift, so I actually got it on Saturday morning!  He got me a new sewing machine!  Way nicer than anything I would have picked out for myself, and I love it!  I would post a picture of it, but that would mean sharing a photo of my sewing room (garage) and I would rather not remind myself what kind of condition that is in :) so here is the manufacturer's photo.  I cannot wait to get time to figure out all of it's functions!



I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a Mama, and I pray that I can be everything he deserves and needs!  I also pray for anyone who has lost a mother or hopes of one day being a mom, I cannot imagine what a hard time of year this can be for you. 
Thank you to my amazing mom, I am grateful for the wonderful example she has always been and the even better grandmother she is to our kids.  I love you, Mama! Also, for my grandmother, there is not another lady in this world I admire more!  Love you, Mimi!


No comments:

Post a Comment