Monday, September 24, 2012

NC Trip, Part 6 (Last one!)

My mom, sister, John Thomas and I went to Boone one day for my sister to take a test for school and we enjoyed the beautiful weather, some shopping and walked around my Alma Mater.  I have the best memories of college and God's amazing handiwork in the scenery of the mountains.  At the time, I took my surroundings for granted, but now, each time I go back I fall more and more in love with the area.  We bought John Thomas the cutest little Appalachian tailgating chair, so we stopped to take a few pictures in front of the sign at the entrance to campus.

Mommy and John Thomas

His new chair!

Nana and John Thomas
At the burger place we stopped at for lunch there was a chalkboard where you could write where you were from or where you were headed, much to our surprise, someone had written "Rockwall, Texas!" Such a small world! 

There were several things I didn't get pictures of and I am sure this isn't a complete list, but we also had a visit from my best friend and college roommate, Abby, it was her first time meeting John Thomas, and I loved catching up with her!  Koen went fishing numerous times, spent hours in the pool and at my parent's creek, went with my sister and Justin to Shatley Springs for breakfast, where he ate and ate, and also got a really cool handmade slingshot and came home with an insanely large bag of candy and all kinds of other treats!  I was also able to get away one night to go to dinner and a fun wine bar with Heather and Patrick while my mom and dad kept John Thomas! We had numerous visits from family and friends, to say we are blessed is an understatement.  Each time our trip comes to an end it gets harder and harder to say "see you later!" Thank you to everyone who goes above and beyond to welcome us home each time!

Love, 
Alisha 

No comments:

Post a Comment