Thursday, April 10, 2014

Our Ears are Pierced!

Way before Ruby was born, I knew that I wanted to have her ears pierced early.  I wanted to make sure to do it before she was old enough to find them with her hands so they could stay clean and not get infected.  I talked to Kris about it and he reluctantly agreed, based only on the fact that Karson was much older and went through having hers pierced several times before she was able to keep them in!
So when she turned 12 weeks old, I made an appointment and off we went!  The place we had them pierced at was absolutely crazy on a Saturday afternoon, there were screaming little girls everywhere!  Thankfully, Kourtney went with me and Kris stayed in the car with the boys (I still think if he had went in with me we would have came out without pierced ears!)
I admit, I was really nervous about having them done, and had second thoughts but went ahead and now I am so glad we did!  She looks like a little princess with sparkling ears!  She cried the most from me having to hold her head still while they lined everything up, and then cried for a second after they put them in.  Since then, she has no idea they are even there! 




1 comment:

  1. This was a perfect age to pierce Ruby’s ears! She is totally adorable. I believe it is always best done early when they wouldn’t remember and have mommy care for them during the healing phase. When there older, they will think they are a part of them and won’t bother them and have a higher risk of infection when older girls play with them according to our pediatrician.

    You were a smart mommy for doing it as an infant. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears really celebrates their femininity and femaleness. Also she won’t be mistaken for a boy :)

    Our ped encouraged me doing it when mommy could care for them. Also, she gave me some ideas where to find the right person, place and type of earrings to use for infants having their ears pierced. Would be happy to share by e-mail with any moms wanting more info.

    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete