Friday, December 14, 2012

North Carolina Thanksgiving

We traveled to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family in NC, since they agreed to come to Texas for John Thomas' first Christmas! The entire trip was wonderful, we spent lots of time with family and friends and Kris and I were able to get some much needed rest!  We basically hand over John Thomas when we land and I only take care of him when it is time for him to nurse!  Such a joy seeing how crazy they are over him!

John Thomas spent lots of time playing with his new toys! 


 Kris and my Dad spent a lot of time just like this, watching football!
 Part of our little family before dinner!
 Mimi and Pa Hall with John Thomas
Some of the amazing food! I feel like we ate, and ate, and ate!
 John Thomas enjoyed his food (as always) in an antique Baby Butler I bought for him the last time we were in town.  It was missing the seat, and my dad, who can make and do literally ANYTHING, built a seat for it!

 We celebrated Thanksgiving again at my Mimi's house on Sunday after church, and John Thomas got to try his first taste of Mimi's pickles.  He loves them just as much as his brother!  John Thomas is using a Baby Butler here also, one that my Grandmother used for all her kids!  It is over 50 years old!  She told me that she bought it for $65.00 from a traveling sales man and at the time they only made $1.50 an hour and she didn't know how they would ever pay for it!  I think she got her money's worth out of it!  It has been through three of her kids, 4 grandchildren, 4 great grandchildren and countless others that she has cared for over the years!

My mom and some of her best friends with their grandbabies!  These are some very proud and hip grandmothers! 

We always look forward to spending time in North Carolina and can't wait to go back in the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment